With ample parking on site the hotel overlooks the picturesque Ardgowan Square, which is the home of Ardgowan Tennis club and Ardgowan Bowling Club (lawn bowls).
From Glasgow East
- Take the M8/A8 to Greenock and continue to travel through Greenock past the bull ring car park, Tesco and Shield Garage.
- Take a left at the traffic lights at Patrick Street (on your right will see Greenock Ocean Terminal often with cruise liners berthed).
- Drive up Patrick Street to the traffic lights and turn right onto Ardgowan square.
- The Tontine is situated on the right around 100metres.
From Gourock/West (the coast road)
- Drive through Gourock and follow the A8 following signs to Glasgow.
- Pass under the railway bridge at Greenock Ocean Terminal.
- Turn right up Robertson Street and drive up to the next junction.
- The Tontine is up the hill on your left.
From West (via Greenock) – the high road
- Enter Greenock by going past IBM and follow the A8 through Greenock following signs for Glasgow.
- Go down Nelson Street and turn left on to Union Street.
- Go through the traffic lights at Patrick Street.
- The Tontine Hotel is on the right just before the next junction of Robertson Street.