With ample parking on site the hotel overlooks the picturesque Ardgowan Square, which is the home of Ardgowan Tennis club and Ardgowan Bowling Club (lawn bowls).
Wheelchair Access to the Hotel
In the rear of the hotel we have a car park which has access. Take a right down Robertson Street from the front side of the hotel, and halfway down, please take a right again into our car park. At the entrance of the car park there is an access ramp. Please press the grey entry system and we will open the door and assist.
This access point directs you to our bottom floor, where there is a lift taking you directly to our function halls, restaurant and front desk.
For any queries on how to access the hotel, please contact us without hesitation.
Finding the Hotel
From Glasgow East
- Take the M8/A8 to Greenock and continue to travel through Greenock past the bull ring car park, Tesco and Shield Garage.
- Take a left at the traffic lights at Patrick Street (on your right will see Greenock Ocean Terminal often with cruise liners berthed).
- Drive up Patrick Street to the traffic lights and turn right onto Ardgowan square.
- The Tontine is situated on the right around 100metres.
From Gourock/West (the coast road)
- Drive through Gourock and follow the A8 following signs to Glasgow.
- Pass under the railway bridge at Greenock Ocean Terminal.
- Turn right up Robertson Street and drive up to the next junction.
- The Tontine is up the hill on your left.
From West (via Greenock) – the high road
- Enter Greenock by going past IBM and follow the A8 through Greenock following signs for Glasgow.
- Go down Nelson Street and turn left on to Union Street.
- Go through the traffic lights at Patrick Street.
- The Tontine Hotel is on the right just before the next junction of Robertson Street.